- Water supply Project in Zouerate
- SNIM’s hospitals in Nouadhibou and Zouerate
- Extension project of the parks of storage at Nouadhibou
- 300 housing units bulding project at Zouerate
- New evoidances project
- Treatment of Zouerate’s wastewater
- Zouerate’s new airport
- Zouerate’s solar power plant
- Brackish water treatment for Zouerate
- Five star hotel in Nouakchott
SNIM owns and operates its own railway.
The railway connects the deposits to the ore port along a 700km line. To allow for two-way traffic on the single rail track, nine sidings are distributed along the line to allow empty trains to cross paths with loaded ones.
The six daily trains (three empty and three loaded) are towed by four locomotives with 3,300 HP or two locomotives with 4,500 HP and gross tonnage of up to 17,000 t, which are up to 2.5km long.
Despite very hostile weather conditions, SNIM maintains the railway and the rolling stock (cars, locomotives, etc.).
The current transportation capacity of SNIM’s railway is 14 mt a year.
Last Updated (Saturday, 11 May 2013 17:45)